Keeping your long hair healthy and happy takes a lot of work; there’s a lot more to it than getting a trim to keep the split ends away. Here are some useful tips for taking care of your long hair!
1. Don’t over wash – This is a surprising tip for some, but it helps hair health in the long run. When you wash your hair every single day, you’re stripping it of natural oils. This causes your hair to over dry, which is the last thing you need. Wash your hair two to three times per week and use a dry shampoo for the days in-between. A hat always works too, if that’s your style.
2. Wash your hair the right way – Who knew there was a right way to wash your hair? When shampooing your hair, you don’t need to use a ton. Only wash the scalp, because this is where most oil builds up. As for conditioner, focus on your ends and the length of your hair — no need to condition your scalp or the oil will be back in a flash.
3. Tone down the heat – A big part of loving your longer hair is styling it, especially with heating tools. Before you use those tools, use a heat protectant spray or natural oils to help protect your hair from extra damage. When blow drying your hair, use the lowest heat setting and point your hair dryer downward.
4. Use the right brush – Something that can be helpful to your gorgeous locks can also be the reason your hair is damaged. Use a boar bristle brush or a wet brush! Boar bristles have natural fibers that smooth out your hair without pulling out complete strands, and wet brush bristles bend around any tangles, which won’t put stress on your hair.
5. Conditioning treatment – This may seem obvious, but proper hydration leaves your hair looking and feeling great. Use a deep conditioner at least twice a week, which helps replenish any damage you’ve done to your hair via the use of products or heat treatments.
Taking care of long hair is a big responsibility, but it doesn’t have to be difficult. Try out new products along the way, such as a new deep conditioner or hair dryer! All of this care is worth it for that amazing look and we’ll be there to help you every step of the way.
About Heat Blow Dry
Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies nisi. Suspendisse nisl elit, rhoncus eget, elementum ac, condimentum eget, diam. Fusce a quam. Sed aliquam ultrices mauris. Donec posuere vulputate arcu.